3/4 cup of plain flour 185g butter, softened
1/4 cup cocoa 2 1/4 cups of icing sugar mizture
1/2 cup caster sugar 2 tablespoons of milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
1/2 cup milk
- Preheat your oven to 160º. Prepare a 12 hole muffin tray.
- Sift all the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl.
- Make a small well in the middle of the bowl and then add the remaining ingredients.
- Beat on a low speed setting with an electric mixer until the mixture is just combined.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and beat on a medium speed for a further two minutes.
- Place 2 tablespoons of the mixture into the 12 muffin holes.
- Place the muffin try into the oven for 15-18 minutes.
- Stand the muffins for 5 minutes and then turn them out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter in a bowl until pale. Gradually add the icing sugar mixture and the milk, beating constantly until combined.
- Add any food colouring you want to make them look beautifulllll! :D
You can then decorate the cupcakes however you want :)
Hope you enjoy this recipe!